1Password5 with Yosemite

Options
javaminit
javaminit
Community Member

Works smooth as can be. BUT I am running 1Password for iPhone v.3.7.2 on my iPhone4.
Currently, I am having trouble with my sync between my laptop and phone. But I reckon that is moot right now because I am moving to an iPhone 5S next week. Do I have to up grade my 1Password? Is there a 1Password upgrade?
Thanks
/bc

Comments

• Good morning @javaminit‌, and thanks for taking the time to write in. At this time there is no way to sync 1Password 3 for iOS with 1Password 5 for Mac. Once you upgrade to 1Password 5 on your new iPhone 5s you should be able to sync again. Is there information in 1Password on your iPhone 4 that isn't in 1Password on your Mac? If so you should follow our instructions here to upgrade from version 3 to version 5 on your phone. https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/upgrading-from-legacy-versions

Are you going to restore your new 5s from a backup of your iPhone 4?

• DavidYoung
    DavidYoung
    Community Member
    Options

I had my iPhone 4 (containing 1Password 5) stolen. 1P5 was backing up to the cloud and shows in my iTunes sync.
    I tried buying 1P app for my Macbook, which I recently upgraded to Yosemite, and it can't find any data in the Cloud.
    I synced a new iPhone 6 from my Macbook but it can't find my vault on iCloud either.
    All my precious data is therefore out of reach to me.
    But a persistent thief who cracks the 4 digit code on my stolen iPhone will have access to my entire identity.
    This is a far worse situation than never having used 1Password at all.
    I bitterly regret ever departing from pen & paper.
    My investment in a solution to avoid the agony of a lost phone has back-fired with a vengeance.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@DavidYoung‌ sorry to hear of your loss. Did you enable Find My Phone on your MacBook? If you you may well be able to wipe the phone remotely using that utility.

Personally, I'd trust my secure data much more with technology than I would trust me not to mislay a piece of paper!

Stephen

• MrRooni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Good morning @DavidYoung. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the theft, that's awful. I'm also sorry about the trouble you're running into getting your data back on your Mac. I have a set of steps that may work for you, but they are fairly involved. If you're up for it we can try it:

• On your Mac, open the Finder.
    • Click the Go menu, and select Go to Folder.
    • In the prompt, enter this exactly: ~/Library/Mobile Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/
    • Now, you should hopefully see a folder named onepassword_data. Please drag this out to the desktop.
    • Rename the onepassword_data folder to 1Password.opvault.
    • Now, download a free trial of 1Password 5 for Mac and install it (if 1Password 5 for Mac is already installed, this can be skipped).
    • Launch 1Password 5 for Mac, and click I've used 1Password before.
    • Click This Mac then choose folder. Select the 1Password.opvault file.
    • Your data should load up into 1Password.

Let me know if that works, and if you get hung up anywhere, stop and let me know. If your iPhone was syncing with iCloud then everything should be in place.

This discussion has been closed.