backup for 1password V.3.9.21.90

Options
robinbutton
robinbutton
Community Member

I have 1password installed somewhere on my mac ... and found steps under your support docs ... however, I cannot locate 1password on my Mac! It doesn't appear under my applications. However, it's working great in my browsers (Chrome and Safari). I'm running Yosemite. I am very interested in updating to 1password5. I first need to backup my database, and cannot figure out how to do so ... can someone provide me with some direction?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens when you do a Spotlight search for "1Password". Does the search result show the location of the app file? Does it show the version number?

I can't recall where 1P3 stores backups (or, indeed, if it makes automatic backups) so someone else will have to help with that. I'm surprised, in any event, that it's working under Yosemite (which is why I asked the question above about the version number).

Stephen

• robinbutton
    robinbutton
    Community Member
    Options

A spotlight search does not locate the app. And I know it was there before .. right at the top of the list ... but can't recall just when it vanished. I hope someone else can help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robinbutton‌

I suspect the easiest way to assist is to go down the route of a diagnostic report.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• robinbutton
    robinbutton
    Community Member
    Options

I followed the steps outlined in your post (for my Mac). However, the troubleshooting app has been going now for almost an hour. Attached is a screenshot. Is there anything else I can do?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robinbutton‌

It might be the case that the diagnostic tools for 1Password 3 aren't compatible with Yosemite, I'm trying to find out what I can but I can replicate your observed behaviour in the tool. I'm not sure if it will shed any light on the matter but could you try the guide for 1Password 4 (which I realise you don't have on your machine. Then follow the rest of the instructions as before.

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Sorry about that!

• robinbutton
    robinbutton
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to generate a report and the email has just been sent. Will look forward to your reply.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robinbutton,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: ULT-65829-524

• robinbutton
    robinbutton
    Community Member
    Options

I have not received an email yet ... just thought I would check in.

• Hi @robinbutton,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. We're a little behind on emails right now due to an increase in requests with the launch of both iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite, and also with the release of our new versions of 1Password 5 for iOS and OS X, but we're catching up and hope to be back to our regular response time soon.

But I'll make sure someone takes a look at your diagnostics report soon! :)

This discussion has been closed.