Password filling incorrectly

Options
chellman
chellman
Community Member

I'm experiencing this issue on spotify.com right now. I'm using 4.4.3 on OS X 10.9.5

When I try logging in, if I use Cmd-\ to fill in the password, it doesn't work. The username looks right, but the password apparently doesn't work.

If I copy the password manually from 1Password mini and paste it in, that works fine, so it's stored correctly, but the auto-fill is getting messed up somehow. Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi @chellman,

Could you please try saving a new login manually for that site and see if that helps:

Saving a new Login manually

Please let me know if that fixes it. :)

• chellman
    chellman
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @JasperP‌,

I just tried that, and it did indeed work. That's weird - the automatic one has many more fields (including three password fields), but the one with the little key next to it has the right value.

I'm happy to do the manual method for now, but not filling in the value I've marked as the password field for the password seems like a bug. Is there anything I should do to report it that way, or am I thinking about this wrong?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chellman‌ Websites can make all sorts of internal changes to a page or site that as the user, we just don't see is happening so sometimes you have to retrain 1Password by following the steps in saving a new login manually - that way 1Password can see which fields it should be using. I'm not saying that's the only reason why things can get mangled but it's one of them. I once had one Logins item where I swear I couldn't see the difference between the old one and the fresh manually saved one but one worked and the other was mucking me about. It's rare and I haven't personally experienced any instances where routinely reoccurs.

This discussion has been closed.