Two itunes accounts

Options
stephenibbs
stephenibbs
Community Member

Please forgive if already answered but I can't find it using Search. At the moment my wife and I share one iTunes account, but we are planning to create a separate account for Shelagh. We share all our websites, finance, etc logins and passwords. I have been recommended to 1Password. Can we just use the ONE default vault, where all our passwords are stored, and it be synced to both Shelagh's iPhone/ipad and my iPhone/ipad/mac even if we have separate iTunes accounts. We have no need to create separate vaults. And, sorry for the ignorance, is a separate iTunes account the same as a separate iCloud account? How do we set this all up with 1Password?

Many thanks

Stephen

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephenibbs,

Good questions! When you say you and your wife share the same iTunes account, I assume you mean you both use the same Apple ID for iTunes, iCloud, etc? If you were to continue using the same Apple ID on your Mac and all the iOS devices, you could easily use iCloud sync in 1Password to share the same vault on all of them.

On the other hand, if you're planning to start using separate Apple IDs (i.e. different iCloud accounts), you won't be able to share the same 1Password vault via iCloud sync, because iCloud doesn't let you share that data with a different iCloud account. However, you could use Dropbox sync to share your 1Password vault, and that's fairly simple to set up. We have steps to do that here: Sharing a vault

If you have more questions about that, just let us know, thanks! :)

• stephenibbs
    stephenibbs
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Many thanks - I will give it a go!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.