After upgrade to Yosemite, 1Password 5.0.2, 1Password's 'save login' dialog interferes with Login

Options
nauticalmac
nauticalmac
Community Member

After the above mentioned upgrade, if the 'Save Login' 1Password dialog beats the Ajax response to the browser, the Ajax response appears to be lost. Clicking 'Not Now' leaves the page waiting for response. Clicking, e.g. 'Login' again results in correct login as server script has completed, just ajax response lost. Quitting 1Password, problem never appears. Verified on (at least) Safari 8.0 and Chrome 38.0.2125.111

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nauticalmac‌

Could you please walk me through reproducing this? I'm not entirely sure I follow. Under what conditions does this happen? And can you give an example website?

• nauticalmac
    nauticalmac
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    1. Automatically Ask to Save New Logins ON
    2. Enter username and password then 'Login'
    3. Case 1(see screenshot1), 1Password dialog comes up before 'Please Wait' message is rendered by page via jQuery ajaxSubmit() in beforeSerialize(). In this case, clicking 'Not Now' leaves the page hanging, 'Please Wait' is never rendered.
    4. Case 2(see screenshot2) 'Please Wait' message makes it to the page (as does Safari Save Password dialog) in this case login proceeds successfully after dismissing the 1Password and Safari dialogs. Results similar with Chrome except no save dialog from Chrome and. Success rate about 50%. Looks like some kind of timing issue. If you want to take this further, I would like to work off-forum and I will set up a test case rather than using one of our website logins.
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nauticalmac‌,

We generally recommend disabling your browsers' saving and filling functions. Having them enabled can lead to conflicts just like you're seeing here. Could you try disabling Safari's save password feature and let me know if things behave a bit more smoothly?

• nauticalmac
    nauticalmac
    Community Member
    Options

It improved things somewhat. Fails only about 1 in 3 times. Using 1P to fill in the password always succeeds. Filling in by typing fails if the 'Please Wait' message isn't rendered before 1P chips in.

• Ben
    Options

@nauticalmac‌

Could you please let me know what you mean by "filling in by typing," specifically how that relates to 1Password? My first assumption when I read that was that you were typing your credentials into the website and that was not successful... If that is the case then I'd have to say there is a problem with the website, not 1Password.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.