Backup file from iOS cannot be restored to Windows

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Windows 7 PC not syncing with iPhone 5s.

Comments

• valluri09
    valluri09
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi,

I also have the same issue as Diane mentioned.

I have 1Password installed in my Windows 7 machine
    I have iPassword installed in my iPhone 5s.

I also have Dropbox installed in my Windows machine and iPhone 5s. I am using same dropbox accounts on Windows and iphone

I have taken backup from iPhone 5s using dropbox. It happened without any issues.
    Now I tried to restore it using my Windows 7 1Password app. Windows cant recognize the file that was backed up using iPhone 5s.

Is iPassword platform dependent?

Thanks,
    Sri

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @valluri09, I split your message into a separate discussion, since you're asking about the compatibility of backup files (which is different than a Dropbox sync problem).

Backup files created in 1Password for iOS and saved to a computer via iTunes will not work with 1Password for Windows. The Windows and iOS versions of 1Password use different formats for their backup files.

Are you trying to sync your 1Password data between the Windows and iOS versions of 1Password? If so, you can do so by setting up Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync. We have steps to do that at these links:

This discussion has been closed.