bug: Mini copy command doesn't work

Options
tvalleau
tvalleau
Community Member

This used to work: select a note in Secure Notes; highlight some text in it and choose to copy it to the clipboard.

Doesn't work anymore: the copy doesn't copy the highlighted text.

(As to why I'd want to do that... those security questions like "what street did you grow up on?" - I answer them with nonsense values, such as "lksdjfo78jd8*kl". Naturally I can't remember that, so I've collected my security answer in to a note in Secure Notes.)

I'd prefer to have the convenience of using the mini to retrieve them, but as it is, I have to launch the full program to enable copying.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tvalleau‌

This isn't something I've done before so I thought I'd go and see if I could replicate your findings.

Opening 1Password mini using my cursor I find that focus is on 1Password mini and I can select a block of text and copy it using either ⌘C or right clicking and selecting Copy from the contextual menu.

If I open 1Password mini using the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘L I have to click on the small window representing the Secure Note to establish focus and then what I've written above applies.

If I anchor the Secure note I can't select text unless I'm willing to edit it.

How does that relate to your situation. Also, out of curiosity, how large would you say the Secure Notes are? I know a couple of people have experienced issues with large notes so I'm wondering if this is possibly connected, when I say large I think they were 150+ lines in size.

On a related note I thought I'd share with you how I store security questions. I used to use the note section of a Logins item but when we got customisable fields and sections I moved all of that data into a new section I'd title Security Questions, I'd title a field with the question, store the answer in the field and then set the field to the password type so it would be hidden by default. To me it looked a little nicer but it came with the added benefit of fields being designed to be copyable right from within either 1Password or 1Password mini. I don't know if you've considered it before but it also helps keep the fields with the correct Logins item.

This discussion has been closed.