Constantly freezes up when trying to enter a NOTE

Options
gms
gms
Community Member

Then the only way to use the program after that is to uninstall the program go to iTunes and reinstall 1password. Takes a report but doesn't fix the problem. Having to reinstall the program every time I want to use it is not a good thing.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is probably a bug fixed by 1P 5.1.2 which is now available as a free update on the App Store (at least, it is in the UK).

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @Stephen_C! :smiley:

@gms, this should indeed be fixed in 5.1.2. Please check the App Store on your device for the update (if it doesn't appear there right away, it should show up sometime today). Once you install the update, please let us know if there is still a problem. Thanks!

• gms
    gms
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen I've uninstalled and installed this numerous times. You would think that if a update was available it would have been made available. I just wish that 1password offered CUSTOMER SERVICE to go along with this expensive program. Go figure?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gms, I work for AgileBits and I'm trying to help, hopefully that counts as customer service? ;)

Please open 1Password and go to the Settings screen. The exact version should be shown directly underneath the Recommend 1Password option. Which version is shown there? If it is 5.1.1, please check the App Store for the 5.1.2 update. It was just released today, and might not necessarily show up for everyone right away.

• gms
    gms
    Community Member
    Options

I updated last week I'll try it again I under stand your trying to help me and A THANKS A LOT TO YOU. But 1password needs CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOT DAMAGE CONTROL. WE HAVE A LOT OF VALABLE INFO SAVED HERE, AND 1password needs to think as much about our info as we there customers do. Slack off on the advertising and add a little SERVICE..

• gms
    gms
    Community Member
    Options

I did just down load the 5.1.2 won't know if it works tell I use it. But another thing how many times can I uninstall and install this app tell it stops working altogether?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gms, the new update should definitely solve the problem you were having with Secure Notes, but please let us know if you still have trouble with that.

how many times can I uninstall and install this app tell it stops working altogether?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Apple doesn't limit the number of times you can reinstall an app from the App Store. Deleting and installing shouldn't cause any problems, just make sure you're syncing your 1Password data or creating backups so you won't lose any data when deleting it.

By the way, you shouldn't need to delete 1Password if it freezes. Simply double-click the Home button on the device and swipe up on 1Password to force-quit the app, then reopen it.

If you experience any problems with the update for 5.1.2, please let us know. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.