Can't sign in to Dropbox with current 1Password from iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.1 [resolved]

Options
Richard Lenon
Richard Lenon
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

Works from Macbook (Yosemite), but from iPhone I get a half second glimpse of my Dropbox, then "err:{"email": {"message_text": "Please choose a new email"}}" I am syncing my iOS devices and 3 computers successfully via Dropbox.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Richard Lenon,

Are you getting that error when trying to set up Dropbox sync in the 1Password app? If so, please check to make sure you have the latest version of 1Password installed (we released an update for version 5.1.2 yesterday). In 1Password, go to the Settings screen and you can find the exact version directly underneath the Recommend 1Password option.

If you're using the latest version but still get that error, please check the Dropbox app on your device, as well as your account on the Dropbox.com website (from Safari or another browser on the device). Are you able to sign into the Dropbox app and website?

• Richard Lenon
    Richard Lenon
    Community Member
    Options

Sync works well for entries made on either iPhone or Macbook. I do have 5.1.2 installed on the iPhone. I can sign in to Dropbox on my iPhone from both the app and from the website on Safari. It's only when I use 1Password on the iPhone to sign into Dropbox, that I get the error message above, appearing about a half second after the screen starts to draw my Dropbox screen. It replaces the stuff that it started to draw with that error message.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that information, Richard.

Do you have Settings > 1Browser > User Agent set to 1Browser in 1Password on your iPhone? If you change that to something else, e.g. Safari (iPhone), does accessing Dropbox behave any differently?

When you open 1Browser first, then enter dropbox.com/login, does the Dropbox sign in page display correctly? If that looks okay, what happens after you tap the "key" icon and select your Dropbox item to fill with?

And is this the only site you're having issues with in 1Browser?

• Richard Lenon
    Richard Lenon
    Community Member
    Options

Tried changing Settings from 1Browser to Safari iPhone... same result. Not sure what you meant by opening 1Browser first, then key icon to fill with, but if I open Dropbox login with Safari, then go to 1Password, key, fill, I get "Error (403) It seems you tried to do something we can't verify. Did you log into a different dropbox account in a different window? [No I did't] Try clicking here to go back to the page you came from, or just go home." I tried clicking "here" and got sent back to the sign in again, in 1Password. Same result.

But! I tried starting from 1Password again, touching the URL for Dropbox, and again got the flash of what I wanted, then replaced by "... please choose a new email" error message again. But then I touched the back arrow on that Safari screen, and voila! I get my long lost Dropbox screen! That worked twice, so I think it's for real. Thought you might like to know, and thanks for your help.

• Glad you were able to get sorted out, Richard. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

This discussion has been closed.