"Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox." (iOS 8.1, 1P v.5.1.2)

Options
Tom Harrison
Tom Harrison
Community Member

On my iPhone 5S, iOS 8.1, 1Password v 5.1.2 I cannot sync with Dropbox since Nov 9 (message on Sync page says on Nov 12 "Last Sync: 3 days ago".)

Full message "Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox. Please try again later. Path: /Both/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/"

1P on OS X (Mountain Lion at work, Yosemite at home) both working fine. I have confirmed that the folder is there in Dropbox. I have ruled out network block by turning off WiFi and using cellular data. Also I have been at home, etc.

Plenty of space available on the phone ("Available: 5.5 GB").

I have a lot of passwords (> 400) and also a lot in the trash -- the data/default folder contains 859 items. Could this just be a timeout issue?

I don't think I have made any configuration changes in this timeframe, but a couple weeks ago, I was having home syncing issues on my Mac and sorted that out by deleting the dropbox sync and re-adding it.

I checked a couple of the other threads here reporting this message, but I don't think they are related.

Tom

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom Harrison,

The message you're seeing means 1Password cannot communicate with Dropbox. You mentioned that you turned off Wi-Fi and are using cellular, so please make sure Use Cellular Data is enabled for 1Password (open the Settings app, then find & select 1Password to find that option). Also, if you re-enable Wi-Fi and try again, does it make any difference?

If it's still not working, try force-quitting the 1Password app by double-clicking the Home button and swiping up on 1Password (then re-open it and try again). If that doesn't help, try restarting your iOS device (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again).

After trying those things, do you still get the same message?

• Tom Harrison
    Tom Harrison
    Community Member
    Options

Neither force quitting, nor restarting iOS worked. I turning off Sync on the iPhone, then set up Sync with Dropbox again. It worked for a few seconds, then displayed the same error ... but then seems to have continued to success.

This has been a recurring issue over the last year or two -- needing to turn off Dropbox Sync and set it up again, both on iOS, OS X. Not a big deal, but just something that seems like it might be a more general issue.

Anyway, problem is solved for now, so all good! Thanks Drew :-)

Tom

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news Tom, I'm happy to hear it's working again! :)

We recently fixed a bug that could have been causing this problem, but sometimes Dropbox sync needs to be disabled & re-enabled again to get it going. It should continue to work correctly, but please let us know if you run into more trouble with that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.