Redownload Unavailable with this Apple ID

Options
Mr. K.
Mr. K.
Community Member

I could not update 1Password on my wife's iPhone, so I deleted it figuring I could reinstall using family share which I have set up. I go to the shared purchases in the app store, 1Passowrd shows as FREE. I tap to install and I get an error message saying "Redownload Unavailable with this Apple ID This redownload is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded." It was bought by me and is a part of my Family Share, and it was not refunded. How do I make it install?

Comments

• Hi @Mr. K,

Unfortunately, you cannot use Family Share to share in-app purchases, this applies to any apps with in-app purchases, not just 1Password.

The only way to make it work is to sign into your AppleID account in the App Store on the wife's iPhone and re-download 1Password with that AppleID before restoring the purchase, bypassing the family share completely.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

What in-app purchases are there? I originally purchased it as a stand alone full price app prior to in-app purchases that you folks added. I got it fixed, but it is kind of a mess. I hope it's a one time problem, and not something that will happened with every update to 1Password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mr. K,

Starting with version 5, 1Password for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features. The Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS are also free if you had previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS. Otherwise, the Pro Features are available as an In-App purchase. We have more information in our Pro Features FAQ here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/pro-features-faq

In-App purchases aren't supported by Family Sharing, but if the problem was that you couldn't install the 1Password app at all on your wife's iPhone, we may have misunderstood your original message. If so, I'm sorry for the confusion about that! I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problem. If you need more help, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.