iCloud Syncing

Options
randye007
randye007
Community Member

Hi,

First off, let me acknowledge that 1Password is an awesome product. I love it! :smiley:

Here's my situation:

I have 1Password installed on my MacBook Air, iPhone and former iPad Mini and all synced via iCloud. I say former because I lost my iPad Mini recently. I am now trying to ensure I cover all my bases in making my 1Password data safe and secure.
My iPad Mini was locked so the person who took it would have to crack that code before trying to crack the 1Password master code. I will take the liberty of changing all my passwords just to be sure. However, I don't want it to be synced with the 1Password on my iPad Mini. What do I need to do to ensure the new data I will have in iCloud does NOT sync with 1Password on the iPad Mini.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance,
Randy

Comments

• Hi @randye007‌,

First off, let me acknowledge that 1Password is an awesome product. I love it!

Awesome, we love you too!

I say former because I lost my iPad Mini recently.

That sucks!

However, I don't want it to be synced with the 1Password on my iPad Mini. What do I need to do to ensure the new data I will have in iCloud does NOT sync with 1Password on the iPad Mini.

The very first thing you should do is log into iCloud.com and see if you can set an activation lock on that iPad mini if you haven't yet. If you still see GPS location, call the cops and they can work with Apple to locate it.

If you don't want to do this, see if you can do a remote wipe in addition to locking the device. You can find more information here: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2701

Change your iCloud password right away and also enable the two-factor authentication support if you haven't yet. Once you change the password and your 1Password master password, that will kill the sync to the iPad mini but also to your other iOS and Mac devices. If you see this happens, you'd know what happened on the iPad mini. Logging out of iCloud on your Mac and iOS devices before logging in with the new password is all you need to do.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.