Third-party keyboards do not function in 1Password

Options
Bryce Robertson
Bryce Robertson
Community Member

I have 1P version 5.1.2 running on an iPad Air (iOS 8.1). I have Swype, SwiftKey, and the Emoji keyboards enabled. In 1P, selecting any text entry point (including the search box or any webpage in the browser), the Emoji keyboard presents itself and the small globe icon that generally changes keyboards does not function. I've not seen anyone else reporting this issue, but can't seem to get it resolved.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect this is related to an associated issue that others have reported...that the Apple keyboard is required for entering passwords. I wasn't aware it extended beyond password fields but I suspect if you re-enable the Apple keyboard the problem may go away. You could first check Settings > Advanced and see if you have Allow custom keyboards enabled and, if not, enable it to see if that makes any difference.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Enabling custom keyboards in the Settings > Advanced menu will allow such keyboards to be used in all areas of the 1Password app except password fields. iOS does not allow non-default keyboards in password fields. This is not something we have the ability to change.

Thanks!

• Bryce Robertson
    Bryce Robertson
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I've taken so long to reply... expected to get email notifications on this thread but didn't.

@Stephen -- that solved it! Had no idea that setting was there. Thanks!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad it works now! Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.