Upgrade from 4.4.3 to 5.0.2 removes the license

Options
smeshki
smeshki
Community Member

Hi,

I had to upgrade from 4.4.2 manually to 4.4.3, which then asked me to update to 5.0.2! Now after having done all that, it tells me I am now in 30 days trial mode!!??

How can I get my license to use 5.0.2 please?

regards

Shahab

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @smeshki‌,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble licensing 1Password.

Let's try and fix this by re-licensing 1Password. Simply double-click on the license file and restart 1Password mini (Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini) just to make sure that it all works fine.

If don't have the 1Password license file you received when you first purchased 1Password 4, please enter your email address here and we'll send it back to you.

Your 1Password 4 license will work on both 1Password 4 and 1Password 5.

Hope that this helps :smile:

Cheers!

Rad

• Russ3
    Russ3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have received my license from Agilebits but can't seem to get it into 1Password 5. How my problems started was when I was downloading 1Password 5 from Agilebits website were I purchased a Family bundle onto my new mac mini that I just purchased. At that time when I checked my License it said I was on a 30 day trial it is down to 23 now! When I click add license it takes me to the empty Documents folder.

Thanks for help,

Russ3

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You should be able to double click on the licence file you were sent it then it will be automatically added to 1P. Does that not work?

Stephen

• HolgerH
    HolgerH
    Community Member
    Options

This makes no sense: I to have upgraded to 5.0.2, and have lost my license. But when I click on 1Password5 > License, there is no place to put in the key. If I try to press the button Add License, it ask for a file.

But I don't have a file, so I ask for a resend of the license, but the mail doesn't contain a file ...

So, I'm stuck with a non functional 1Password because it claims the trial has ended. That doesn't make me happy...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Please look at this knowledge base article about adding your licence and tell us exactly where it's going wrong for you. You need to save your licence file, from the email, in a place you will remember (Desktop, maybe?) and then navigate to that folder (Desktop, in my example) when you are adding the licence in 1P5.

The knowledge base article is very clear and will probably help you. If it doesn't please do tell us exactly where you have the problem, with reference to the steps in that article.

Edit: @HolgerH‌ I am assuming you are using the AgileBits store version of 1P. If not the situation is quite different so please post again.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HolgerH‌

If you've requested for your licenses to be resent then you should have received an email that looks a little like this

1Password 5 for Mac

Name: littlebobbytables

Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

Notes:

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

Obviously I've stripped out the last two links as those are unique to the licensee. If you're viewing the email from within googlemail at all you may very well find the second URL is stripped out - thank you gmail :\

The second or third link though should allow you to download your licence file so while we haven't attached the licence file, the information needed to obtain it should be contained within.

I'm guessing once you obtain your licence file you'll have no problems with the rest of the steps. If you are still having issues though we will be here to assist :smile:

• Russ3
    Russ3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

As far as a license all that I have now is a email with the license in text format with a like that takes me to agilebits downloads.

Russ3

• Russ3
    Russ3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I don't know if this will help but when I look in the Libraries Application Support and Preferences all the 1Password files look like they are for 1Password 4.

Russ3

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Russ3‌

Can you do me a favour please, can you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com from the email address you purchased your licence from. What we will do is once you've emailed in we can respond with the direct link to download your licence file and that should get you sorted. When you email in please supply your forum username and reference this thread so we can keep track and then post back here. By connected the two it'll help us respond faster.

• HolgerH
    HolgerH
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I think I have figured out why my email is looking different from the description. On receiving the email, I only looked for the attached file, and only found the license key, but no file. Reading the mail once more, I noticed that it says "1Password 3 for Mac".

That was very strange, since I was sure that I had upgraded the license. After a long time, I finally found the answer. Originally I bought 1Password 3 with one email address, and changed the email address when I upgraded to 1Password 4. But when I asked for resending the license I used the old email address, and you sent me the old license.

When I used the new email address, you sent me the newest license, and now everything works.

A suggestion: The email with the 1Password 3 license had a download link. That link takes you to download of 1Password 5, not 1Password 3. I suggest that you change that link, so it takes you to a page saying something like: "Download the old version 3, or click this link to upgrade to version 5". And in my case, it would also be nice if the upgrade page would discover that I have already upgraded and changed the email address to a new one...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

@HolgerH‌

First of all I'm happy you've managed to obtain your licence file and get 1Password sorted - that's the most important part.

Can I ask you to confirm something for me please, is the email address you're using here on the forums your main one or is it the address you used when you purchased 1Password 3? What I can do is merge your two transactions to save you confusion.

I'll pass your observations on as I see your point :smile:

• hoobot
    hoobot
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue now... it's saying my trail has expired on my mac. Never had a trial version. I bought the full versions on my mac and iphone.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@hoobot‌ have you looked at the sticky at the top of the forum?

Stephen

• Russ3
    Russ3
    Community Member
    Options

I got my license from Agilebits contacting them through my email!

Thanks for your help.

Russ3

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Russ3‌.

This discussion has been closed.