changed master pwd and forgot old, any way to sync computer with old password still installed

Options
biged
biged
Community Member

The situation:
two OSX computers, work and home and an android phone and dropbox synching all with 1password4
at some point I changed my master password but did not update the home computer
work computer died and is not recoverable
I have my data on dropbox and my phone.
I now need to use my home computer again, but it keeps asking the old forgotten master password.
Is there any way to force it to update the master password or even to delete and re-add 1password with the new password?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @biged‌

Your Dropbox data should be good so the first thing to verify is that it is and recognises your new Master Password. For that I'd suggest as a first step Using 1PasswordAnywhere. If you follow those instructions and can access your agilekeychain in Dropbox then that's half the battle.

Assuming you can, and that you still can't remember your password then there is a way of Starting over and that link is the guide to do so. After that you'd want to follow this guide for Getting started again on a new computer. Point 1Password 4 to your Dropbox location and then everything should be good again.

Please note, if there is anything in your home vault that isn't stored elsewhere, it will be lost. If you've really forgotten your old Master Password though it is the only option.

This discussion has been closed.