Trial Expired!? - No license registration on agilebits store

Options
mako
mako
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I bought the 1password app thru the Apple store 2 years ago. I recently installed the latest version and know it is telling me that my "trial is expired". I tried to use the "resend license" option in your website but it told me that my email was not registered. So, I went to the Apple store and verified my purchase "September 30, 2012" and is still valid.

I need your help to re-license my purchase.

Thanks,

Miguel

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The App Store version does not use a licence file. What version of 1P were you originally running, please, and what is the latest version you have tried to install? If it was originally version 3 that you were running note that the upgrade to version 4 is paid—but the upgrade from version 4 to version 5 is free.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mako‌

Purchases made through the Apple's Mac App Store are essentially invisible to us - Apple don't share any details. So that would explain why entering your email address would result in being told we don't know it. You also don't have a licence in that sense as everything is authenticated against your Apple ID>

Check in 1Password > About 1Password, in there it will there it will tell you where you downloaded this copy from. It will either say web store or Mac App Store. If you're running a web store version having purchased from Apple's MAS then here's a guide to revert to the MAS version.

If you need more assistance please post back here.

This discussion has been closed.