iPhone 4S Login failure

Options
BillClark
BillClark
Community Member

I am Having a problem on logon’s on my iPhone which has been synced successfully on iCloud with both my Macs, the latter are working perfectly on logons but I am unable to logon using the same logons on my iPhone. Details are following on versions etc.

The details of all tested logons are identical on Macs and iPhone.
A double click on the logons of the Macs bring up the web sites correctly.
A double tap on the Logons of the iPhone cause the detail sheet to display but no web action.

I have seen many uTube tutorials on 1Password but all seem to use iPhones of a later generation, how can i get my iPhone 4S to work?

I am new to 1Password and am very impressed with its performance, so much so that I have taken the time to include my many logons and other data requirements.

I have used the search feature of the forum but have not found my situation, I’ve no doubt it may be my failure to set up properly but have not determined what I may be missing yet.

Installed Information;

I have installed the iPhone app plus the Pro features from the app store onto my iPhone4S, but ‘1Password' does not show in the notification apps of the iPhone settings so I am unable to turn on the notifications for 1Password ver 5.1.2 (5012040).

Also I have successfully installed the Mac version on my Macbook pro and iMac. Both are ver 5.0.2 (502006) from Mac App store.

I sync with iCloud and the iPhone is ver 8.1 (12B411) my Macs are on OS X Yosemite 10.10.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BillClark‌

but ‘1Password' does not show in the notification apps of the iPhone settings so I am unable to turn on the notifications

There are no notifications for 1Password.

You can find instructions on logging into websites using 1Password here:

If you'd like to use 1Password in Safari on iOS, please see this guide:

Thanks!

• BillClark
    BillClark
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bwoodruff

It appears I made a mistake attempting to use safari instead of 1Browser, plus I thought i would have to tap the login twice instead of tapping it to open the detail sheet then tapping the web site identification. At least this is how I have it working now, allowing for a few mistakes I have made in password and name identification. I appreciate the help and sure to be in touch again as I gain more experience of the app.

Thanks for the directions to take.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BillClark‌,

glad @bwoodruff could help. :)

You could actually use Safari as well to log in to a website. We have a tutorial here on how to use our browser extension.

• BillClark
    BillClark
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Winnie
    I have it working now thanks to the forum help. I am totally sold on this app.

• Ben
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.