Upgrade button in license box

Options
thightower
thightower
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: END OF TRIAL.

Comments

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

I just recently have this problem with 1P saying trial has expired on ver. 5. I've re-applied my license and that took, but now it says to Upgrade? Not sure what happened. I've checked my purchases and it does show that I did purchase the software from the webstore and it was ver. 4. My IOS devices I had also purchased from Apple's iTunes are working fine from what I could see. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Jerry

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JerrySec‌

Could you do me a favour please, can you describe exactly what 1Password is saying doing in reference to asking you to upgrade. If you can add a screenshot (assuming that is possible whilst ensuring no private data is visible - very important!) that could be useful. Once we have a better idea what 1Password is asking you we can hopefully give you slightly better directed advice.

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried the same MikeZH about 4 times. Even uninstalled 1P and the same thing. Wants me to upgrade to 5.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@JerrySec‌

What OS version are you running ? If its Yosemite then its a free upgrade to 1Password 5. Just reuse your license key from v 4 when registering v 5.

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I get Littlebobbytables.

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

This is after I apply my license file.

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

thightower I'm running Yosemite and tried the license file multiple times without luck. Always shows Upgrade.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@JerrySec‌

That looks like the prompt to offer people upgrade opportunities for those wishing to use Windows etc. Better let @littlebobbytables comment for 100% certainty. I have a combo Mac/Win license and don't see this prompt.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@JerrySec‌

Posted in the other topic for you.

We now have 2 topic you are participating in I am going to consolidate those. So we all can follow along better. They will be moved to this topic https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30011/trial-expired#latest as that is the place that @littlebobbytables first replied to you.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌

The forums will not let me move individual posts to the new topic, can you ask the admins if that can be enabled ?

Lastly I was trying to get @JerrySec posts into one topic but its not allowing me. I created a new topic just for Jerry here when the moving post problem arose.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/31586/upgrade-button-in-license-box#latest

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about that thightower.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@JerrySec‌

No problem at all just trying to keep it all together.

I actually got hung out in a bug with the forum software. It wouldn't allow me to consolidate posts. We'll just call this a huge learning curve for the both of us. :wink:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's the posts merged.

@JerrySec‌

Can I ask you to send in a diagnostic report please, we've got a couple of thoughts and this will resolve all of them in one go. I don't think you've got anything to worry about but best to just double check.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

The report has been sent.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same live button for upgrading on my registered installation. I've mentioned it before, and I think a tracker was added to get rid of the confusion for registered users. If there is a way to cure that distraction now, I'll be eager to see the procedure. I thought maybe I could find an earlier discussion, but my searching skill seems to lacking.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

@JerrySec‌

I've found your tickets. I'll take a look and get back to you :smile:

ref: PVC-52744-525

ref: OPM-2509

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• It looks like Adam has assisted you via email. :)

Please feel free to create a new discussion if have any other questions. We're always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.