1Password crashes a few seconds, after entering the Master Password...

Options
Horst Meier
Horst Meier
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

OS X Yosemite - Version 10.10 (14A389) - Mac App Store
1Password - Version 5.0.2 (502006) - Mac App Store

I've tried to restart and reinstall 1Password, but the Problem remains...

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Horst,

Sorry to hear about your 1Password crashing, even after restarting your Mac and reinstalling the application.

We'd like to get more details about your configuration to figure out why that's happening. To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you more quickly. Thanks in advance!

• Horst Meier
    Horst Meier
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, i've send a Mail with a Diagnostic Report, a Crashlog and Forum-Topic-Link / Username

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

We received your email with the report, Horst Meier. Thanks for sending that in.

Could you try temporarily disabling HandsOff!, then check if 1Password will run without crashing? If it still crashes, please restart your Mac again right after that, then generate a new Diagnostics Report right away and send that in. Large numbers of unrelated errors in one of the logs from the report you sent earlier are keeping more details about the 1Password crashes from being seen. A new report generated shortly after a crash should have those missing details.

Thanks again!

ref: HNH-73698-935

• Horst Meier
    Horst Meier
    Community Member
    Options

I've disabled HandsOff, but still crashes...

I send a new Mail with the Diagnostic Report

• rickfillion
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Horst Meier‌,

I've replied to your email. Looks like a corrupted CloudKitCache on our side causing a crash in 1Password mini when we try to load it. I've filed a bug here (OPM-2606) to get the problem addressed. Terribly sorry that you've hit this.

I've sent a workaround, but it's not a general workaround that I'd propose just anyone use. If anyone is having similar issues, I'd ask that you do two things: submit the crash report when the crash reporter comes up, along with your email address, then send us a Diagnostics Report. If you've hit the same crash, we'll get you the workaround (assuming we get confirmation that the workaround gets Mr Horst back up and running).

Rick

ref: OPM-2606

• Horst Meier
    Horst Meier
    Community Member
    Options

Thx, this worked fine!

No Problems anymore :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Horst Meier

Rick is good isn't he :grinning: As this was a very specific issue with a solution that is felt people shouldn't just be trying I'm going to close this report.

Horst Meier, if you have any more problems please start a new thread and we'll look into it for you. Fingers crossed for smooth sailing though.

This discussion has been closed.