Cannot upgrade Family License for 1p Mac +Win Bundle

Options
Pfff
Pfff
Community Member

Just have tried to upgrade my existing Family License for 1Password Mac +Windows Bundle to a new one. The verification page says "Great! Your License - blah blah blah - has 2 possible upgrades". However only one selection is available - Knox for Mac, which I need as much as an ass (aka donkey) needs sneakers. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pfff‌,

Do you have a 1Password 4 Mac + Windows Family License? If that's the case, you don't need to upgrade it. It will work with 1Password 5 too that's why your only upgrade option is Knox for Mac.

Hope that this helps :smile:

Cheers!

Rad

• shaweetz
    shaweetz
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same family license bundle for 1P3 and now I need to update for 5. But the family bundle is not presented as an upgrade option. Only single license bundle and single seats of either Mac or Windows versions.

• albertbori
    albertbori
    Community Member
    Options

I have the Family License for 4. I upgraded 1password to 5 on my computer, but now it's saying my trial is expired. After attempting to upgrade, I ran into the same issue as the original poster. There doesn't seem to be a way to update the local install license with the key provided in my original purchase email receipt. Help?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@shaweetz‌ AgileBits has changed its licensing terms with 1P5. There is no longer a family licence. Instead, from this page:

Licenses can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household.

@albertbori‌ your problem is not the same as others in this thread. Please see the sticky at the top of this forum and see if that helps you to solve your problem.

Stephen

• shaweetz
    shaweetz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, missed it on my first scan of the licensing page.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shaweetz‌

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C found the details you were looking for! I hope you're able to upgrade smoothly, but we're here to help if you hit any snags. :)

• AlamoAngels
    AlamoAngels
    Community Member
    Options

We currently have a 1PW 3 for Mac Family License. Since my boyfriend brought his computers over, we now have 2 Windows machines (1 Windows 7, & 1 Windows 8) We have also had the motherboard on 1 of the Mac Laptops that we originally had 1PW 3 installed on DIE and we have since replaced it with a Mac Desktop. Is there any way to convert the Family Pack that I already have that is ONLY MAC to a Mac+Windows?? when we upgrade it?? I am LOST w/o my passwords when now working on ANY MACHINE EXCEPT the surviving one of the 2 laptops we had!! In summary our current computer setup includes 1 MacBook Pro Laptop, 1 Mac Desktop, 1 Windows 7 & 1 Windows 8. We may very likely be upgrading the Windows 7 to Windows 8 in the very near future. Please help!!

• shaweetz
    shaweetz
    Community Member
    Options

@AlamoAngels‌ if you want to run 1P on windows and mac you need a license for both. That is my interpretation. Family licenses are gone because they are being more generous with the single user licenses now. I run it on all platforms with a bundle license, and share with my family.

You alone use 1Password on your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You'll need a single license for Mac and a single license for Windows and 1Password 5 for iOS from the iTunes App Store.

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license. Licenses can be shared by up to six > family members living in the same household.

Maybe there is an upgrade path for the win+mac bundle. You will have to check at https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade?product_id=108

If I am wrong, I am sure to be corrected sooner than later.

• Pfff
    Pfff
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Rad, for the explanation. Applying of the 1Password 4 Mac + Windows Family License to 1Password 5 worked. Still, all that buzz with the „your trial expired“ notifications was quite confusing...

Once more, thanks for help! :)

• Ben
    Options

@shaweetz‌

There is an upgrade to Mac+Windows bundle available on that page, yes. Thanks for the assist. :)

@Pfff‌

Thanks for the update.

@AlamoAngels‌

Please see this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/159387/#Comment_159387

This discussion has been closed.