Switch vaults

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

I feel that the functions to switch vaults are too hidden. In the extension, to switch vaults, you have to click the gear > Vaults >

Couldn't this be simplified in someway and maybe add a preference to allow a user to customise if the main extension list shows any and which vaults for a 1 click switch.

I end up switching vaults about 10-15 times a day and it becomes a real pain to do this!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@rctneil‌

How about ⌥ ⌘ \ to bring up the mini. A full set of shortcuts can be seen in preferences. I don't know if you were talking about a better click method or a keyboard shortcut etc.

Then use the keyboard shortcuts to change vaults. ⌘ 1, etc They can be see in the 1Password switch vault option.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. The keyboard shortcuts are quicker yes but a much faster click method was what I was after. Thankyou

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rctneil,

Personally, I tend to use @thightower's keyboard shortcuts to switch between vaults - I find them quite handy. But, if you're more of a click kind of guy, we've got you covered there too! Just click on the vault icon. :)

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

BINGO! Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rctneil,

Happy to help! :) You know where to find us if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.