Feature request: RegEx in URL field...

Options
klinquist
klinquist
Community Member

I use Google Apps for both my personal domain and my work domain.
Same goes for Amazon EC2. I have personal and work accounts.

I would love if I could tell 1password something like "if URL domain is google AND the url contains <>" [then use password X]

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @klinquist‌

Can I just verify a couple of things with you.

What many of our users do is in the title they might add something like (work) or (personal) or if they have multiple gmail addresses doe the same but with part of the address in parentheses. Then as long as each Login item has the exact same website for the URL they should both be offered up in the form of a list. So I can use ⌘\ to bring up the extension and then the arrow and return keys to quickly select one of the listed options.

So are you saying you're aware of that, that's what you do at the moment but you still find that cumbersome and would like what you've suggested to streamline it even more?

I don't use google apps or EC2 so this may sound like a bit of a dumb question but do the URLs differ between work and personal accounts? I'm just trying to gain a better idea of the situation in mind. As you can guess, a feature request needs to be as descriptive as possible so that the devs can understand what we're asking. We do that and that's half your battle right there.

This discussion has been closed.