Community Member

Any update for 1PW to iPhone 6+

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good morning @edmurugan‌

1Password is running fine on an iPhone 6+. Is there anything specific you are looking for that is missing?

• Sheila Sanford
    Sheila Sanford
    Community Member
    Options

Hello AgileBits I have been experiencing problems with 1Password ever since I git my iPhone 6 plus. The app totally crashes my phone causing it to restart every time I open it. I am therefire at this point unable to use it. Please HELP!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have a very large number of apps on your iPhone 6+? There have been reports of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6+ crashing when many apps are installed. Is it only 1P that crashes? Have you tried updating to iOS 8.1.1?

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Sheila Sanford

The whole phone reboots? If so please send us a diagnostic report as soon as that happens:

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    Options

I also had my iPhone 6+ do reboots everytime i started 1Password. the iphone showed a blank screen with the apple logo in the middle. It wasn't a complete reboot however, because afterwards i could still unlock the phone using touchid without having to enter my passcode. maybe the springboard just crashes. anyway, it stopped after i closed 1Password through the App Switcher.

this happened after i updated to iOS 8.1.1 yesterday and hasn't happened since. hopefully it will stay this way.

I have had other issues too, like 1password not unlocking correctly, like other people on this board (=screen stays dimmed, touchid dialog doesn't disappear, the app is unusable). unfortunately it seems the iOS version of 1Password becomes more unstable with every update.

• Good evening folks and thanks for taking the time to write in. We've filed a bug with Apple about this behavior and have been investigating it ourselves more. One thing we've found that helps is if you disable zoomed mode. You can do this in Settings.app > Display & Brightness > View. Change that setting to Standard and try 1Password again. It should be more stable.

Let me know how this works out and if there's anything else I can do to help.

• mizar
    mizar
    Community Member
    Options

My iPhone 6+ did this twice too having updated to 8.1.1, but I've managed to get into 1password now. Will send in a diagnostic report if it happens again.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mizar‌

Have you tried the workaround that @MrRooni posted above?

• mizar
    mizar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @bwoodruff, I have changed my settings to disable zoomed mode. However it now isn't 'my iPhone' and I don't want to leave it that way! But I suspect it's an Apple issue because some other apps behave strangely on the 6+ too. In the UK one option for TV is 'freesat' and their control app is broken on the 6+ too. 1Password is working for me now anyway, thanks for the help.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.