Combining Bank Account Information and Login

Options
bBccd
bBccd
Community Member

Hi!

I was wondering: I always keep the information for my bank account (including TAN list scan) apart from the login information for the online banking, because I can't find the fields to put URL, user and password in the "bank account" template within 1Password. This always seems odd. I'd prefer to keep this information together. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Björn

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What I do it so keep separate (a) my bank login and (b) my detailed account and contact details—and then simply link them by using a tag. I appreciate that may not be exactly what you want but it does work for me because by clicking on the tag I can easily see both items at the same time.

Stephen

• bBccd
    bBccd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Stephen!

Thanks for Your quick reply. Interesting idea. But - still, complicated. I am still thinking that the 1Password templates (not only for bank accounts - but here it is most obvious) are too inflexible... curious to see if someone else has a comment - ideally from AgileBits...

Thanks again!
    Björn

• Hi @bBccd,

Thanks for writing in. Hrmm...I do this too, and until you mentioned it I never thought it bizarre. Now I think it's unfortunate. I'll consider that a feature request.

I can't think of a better way of doing it, unfortunately.

Rick

• bBccd
    bBccd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Rick!

thanks for Your reply. It would be really great if You would consider this a feature request; I think it would clean up the 1Password database very much - and make it more useable. While thinking about it, I realized that the same goes for memberships. For example, I am a member in several professional organizations; and I keep the memberships in 1Password; however, this never seems to be very useful, since I can't store the respective login information (for the organisation's web site) in the same database entry. Instead, I always have to have a second login data set. This just feels like a very fragmented approach.

Thanks again! With best regards,
    Björn

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Björn ( @bBccd ),

Thanks so much for the follow-up here. You're certainly not the only one who would like to see a bit more flexibility in the categories, and we're listening to all your feedback when determining how to make 1Password even more awesome and user-friendly. :)

This discussion has been closed.