"Synced" vault is different: ideas how to resolve?

Options
tchurch
tchurch
Community Member

I use 1password on my mac v4.4.2 (442010) form Mac App store, (OS= 10.9.5)
I also use 1password on my iPhone. For a while now I’ve felt something was wrong.

Just upgraded to an iPhone6 Plus (OS = 8.1) and have verified (I think) that the one vault I have (and thought I was syncing) is not the same.
On mac my the “All items” property shows 201, on iOS that same property shows 172. Yet these are supposed to be the same vault. I'm syncing via iCloud.

I want to replace my iPhone and icloud data with the vault on my mac and get everything truly in sync. I’ve tried uninstalling the app on iPhone (including the option to delete in iCloud) AND stoping my mac version from syncing in iCloud, then starting syncing again from the mac - then reinstalled on iPhone and tried to sync up…. and I get the same results (iPhone has 172 items and Mac has 201 items).

Any idea what might be going wrong?
Thanks for any help.

-Troy

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Troy ( @tchurch‌ )

Thanks so much for including your version numbers in the original post - that makes it easy to see where things are getting tangled up! I do apologize for the confusion here. Unfortunately, Apple has made some big changes to iCloud between iOS 7/Mavericks and iOS 8/Yosemite, so it is not possible to use iCloud sync between iOS 8 and Mavericks.

You have two options here:

• Update your Mac to OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 1Password 5 for Mac - 1Password 5 will be a free update for you since you already own version 4, and once you've enabled iCloud Drive, you will be back to syncing.
    • switch to Dropbox sync, or Wi-Fi sync.

I hope this helps!

• tchurch
    tchurch
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Thank you!
    -tc

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.