Bought 1password app for iphone

Options
Alecfoy
Alecfoy
Community Member

Hi

I bought the 1password app for iphone v. 4.3.2 some time ago, now my mac version is telling me that the trial has expired, even though it´s been running for over 6 months.

How do i get my licens file for the mac version ? I already paid for the product once, but when trying to the the licens resend to the email I used in itunes to by 1password initially, I´m told that my purchase is not registred. I have the mail from Itunes that confirms my purchase.

Can somebody in the staff assist me ?

Thanks,

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Alecfoy‌

I've a little bad news I'm afraid. 1Password is licensed per platform as well as per user. So a purchase of 1Password for iOS wouldn't confer a licence for 1Password for Mac. The best way to look at it is as an extended trial up until now.

Assuming you do still wish to run 1Password for Mac you could either purchase it from Apple's Mac App Store or direct from us at our online store. The key advantage the MAS version is access to iCloud syncing if you're running 1Password 5 on Yosemite (Apple are now enforcing restrictions to the iCloud frameworks - see this announcement for more detail) but it would necessitate transferring your data as the two versions store the information in distinct locations. The advantage of the web store version is all you would need to do is download your licence from the link we email you after purchase and then the message goes away in the copy you're already running.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.