Syncing 2 accounts time to time

Options
andrey0784
andrey0784
Community Member

Me and my wife are using 1password for a long time, and i wonder if cam sync/merge/combine our accounts so we would have access to password to our emails, bank accounts credit card etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @andrey0784‌,

That should be possible in a few different ways. If you want everything to be shared, then what you'd want is to have both computers syncing their primary vaults to the same dropbox shared folder (I specifically mention dropbox as I assume you and your wife have different Apple IDs and iCloud Sync requires the same Apple ID used on all machines).

If you only want some of your information shared, then you'll each want a secondary vault, then you'll move the items you want to share into that secondary vault, then you'll each setup sync into the same shared dropbox folder.

If you want to still keep all of your information only in a single vault, but want access to the others' information in a secondary vault, then that can be setup too, it's just a little longer. Let me know if you'd like instructions for that.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• andrey0784
    andrey0784
    Community Member
    Options

Thank @rickfillion, now $1million question, how do i share it to dropbox, didn't find that option, or should i do backups to dropbox?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrey0784‌

I'd be happy to help you get this set up! However, I'd like a bit more detail on just what your current set up with 1Password is.

• Do you currently have your own vaults?
    • Do you and your wife share a Dropbox account?
    • Do you want to use one single vault with all of your information?
    • Or, do you want to keep your primary vaults separate and share a secondary vault with the family details?

Please include the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password, and let me know if you're going with a multiple vault set-up, which vaults need to go on which devices.

This discussion has been closed.