Trouble Sharing and Creating Shared Vault

Options
etaor
etaor
Community Member

I am working on 1Password4 4.4.3 and varying operating systems (some having the problem have moved to Yosemite, though some are still on OSX 10.9).

I have created and shared a shared vault through dropbox and while most of those that I shared with are able to access and implement the shared vault successfully, some have not.

I think this was due to a misstep in accessing the dropbox folder, but now they are unable to get the shared vault to create a secondary vault in their 1Password app. They are not prompted to create a new vault and instead are taken to the browser version of the shared vault.

How are they able to delete any instance of the shared vault and then try to re-sync?

Comments

• Hi @etaor,

I'm sorry that you're having these issues. To make sure that they no longer have the shared vault, you just need to go through all vaults on that system, (accessible via the 1Password > Switch to Vault menu item), then go into Preferences to make sure none of them have Sync enabled pointing to that AgileKeychain.

Once that's done, you can delete the vaults that they may not want anymore, and try setting up the shared vault again.

Can you elaborate on how you're having the users create/connect to the shared vault on their systems? Double clicking on the agilekeychain in Finder? That would be my recommended approach. Or creating an empty local vault, then setting up sync with that agilekeychain.

I hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.