Upgrading to App Store version of 1Password 5

Options
TMyers7601
TMyers7601
Community Member

I upgraded to 1Password 4 for the Mac via the Agile website in September, 2014. I gather from many discussions, but don't see it explicitly, that I can upgrade to 1Password 5 for the Mac (which I need because I just upgraded to Yosemite) for free, but that my only choice for the free upgrade to 1Password 5 is via the Agile website. Correct?

So if I would like to have the cloud sync feature, I can only get it by purchasing a new App Store license. Correct?

Comments

• Hi @TMyers7601,

1Password 5 is a free upgrade from 1Password 4, but only applies to the store you purchased version 4 from. (AgileBits web store users get a free update to the AgileBits web store version of 1Password 5, while Mac App Store users get a free update to the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5).

1Password 5 for Mac is a major release and one of the significant changes we made was a complete rewrite of iCloud syncing. 1Password 5 switched to the new Apple iCloud "CloudKit" technology which is only available on OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, and limited to Mac App Store apps only. After this change we were no longer able to offer iCloud syncing in the web store version of 1Password.

We've put together a FAQ page with more information here:

Web store and iCloud FAQ

The only way to use iCloud in 1Password 5 is to purchase directly from the Mac App Store. Unfortunately there is no way for us to transfer your purchase from our store to Apple's. I’m sorry we don’t have a better migration path for you.

If you want to stick with the AgileBits web store version, you can switch to one of the other great sync options: Dropbox or Wi-Fi

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.