Transferring Information from 3.7.2 to Latest Version

Options
David Benseler
David Benseler
Community Member

My passwords are currently in 3.7.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus. I have both apps installed on the phone. For awhile, the old version would prompt whether I wanted to transfer the information to the new app. I would respond affirmatively, but the information wouldn't transfer. Now I am not even getting the prompt to move the information.

I have also tried syncing my information from 3.7.2 to Dropbox (to then sync in to the latest app), but when I try this the app appears to error out and closes on me.

I'm sure others are have had transferring questions, but the issues I am running into seem unique. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @David Benseler,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble importing your data from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5! Unfortunately Dropbox sync hasn't worked in 1Password 3 for iOS for well over a year now, due to changes Dropbox made to their API back in September, 2013. But we should be able to get the import option working for you.

Normally, when you open 1Password 5 for the first time, you would want to choose the "Sync existing vault" option, then "Import from version 3". Then when you tap the "Open 1Password 3" link, it should launch 1Password 3 and prompt you to import data to the new version. We have the steps to do this here: Upgrading from legacy versions of 1Password (3.7.2 to 5)

If you didn't choose those options when opening 1Password 5 for the first time, or you did but the import process didn't work, please follow these steps:

• Open the 1Password 3 app and go to Settings > Sync > Dropbox. Make sure Dropbox Sync is set to OFF.
    • Double-click the Home button and swipe up on 1Password 3 to close it.
    • Reopen the 1Password 3 app, enter your password, and you should be prompted to import to the new version.

If that doesn't work, please let us know what happens instead. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.