Customer Support Sucks and Dave Teare didn't respond.......

Options

The following was sent to Dave Teare and as usual there was only a robot response.....no human.

"I am hoping this email actually gets to you Dave. First, praise for 1P. We love it. Second, we are very concerned about customer support. Email responses are very slow and usually over 2 weeks!! A more serious concern is the total lack of being able to talk directly to a 1P human with no phone support. We are glad to hear its been an amazing year for 1P. That means hopefully that you will have additional resources to evaluate weak spots in your corporate culture and make necessary improvement. PLEASE fix customer support!!

There is no program on my computer more important than 1P. If it ever becomes compromised or I delete a datafile and need immediate help.......there is NOBODY there!! CRICKETS only!!!! I expect other users feel the same way. Perhaps you could set up a "triage" based customer support system that would help keep overall customer support costs low. They are probably close to zero given the level of current support. Set up the "emergency room" for 1P! You couid restructure your support page as follows: 1st tier- advise users to check the great tutorials and FAQ's. 2nd tier- send an email request that is not urgent and have a stated one week response time goal. 3rd tier - send an email request that is urgent with a 48 hour response time goal and 4th tier- Call to 1P call center for emergency support (list the things that might go wrong that would justify a call---security breach, corrupted database, lost database, program won't open, etc) This would be the 911 equivalent level of customer support.

Good luck in the future! And we look forward to even more software improvements........along with better customer support!"

Comments

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see that Rob has replied to your email since you wrote this, but I do apologize again for the delay in our response to your emails. As Rob mentioned, we've been experiencing a surge in user requests since the release of 1Password 5 for Mac and iOS, and our team is a bit overwhelmed.

During this busy time we are prioritizing our public support in the forums. A single answer here has the benefit of potentially helping MANY users, but we are still doing our best to catch up on emails as well. Thank you for the well wishes, by the way. They are appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.