Change password but no pop-up appears

Options
mattheweg
mattheweg
Community Member

Hi,

I've been updating my passwords since I got the app and things have been fairly good other than one major problem. When I update my password at a site that I already have a password for, I simply load to the next page without a pop-up to offer to update/add a login. This means I often have to go to the recently generated password section in order to get the right password to login and either hope the window pops up or copy and paste that password into the app.

Is there something that can be done to assure that the window to update will pop up?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @mattheweg‌,

Sorry to hear that this isn't working as well as you'd like. Does it consistently happen for the same sites? Is it all sites? If you've got a certain site you can point us towards that we can run tests on, that would be appreciated.

If you want to ensure the change gets picked up, you can use the mini's "Save new Login" menu item which will bring up the Save Login window where you can choose to update an existing login like so:

I hope this helps.

Rick

• mattheweg
    mattheweg
    Community Member
    Options

The site that prompted me to post here last night was PayPal, but I've also had the problem on Mint and a number of other sites. Next time it happens I will try this option, thank you for the response!

• Hi @mattheweg‌,

On behalf of Rick, you're welcome.

When you have a moment, can you do me a favor of testing this:

1. Log out of Paypal
    2. Go to its Login page and enter fake username/password before logging in, did 1Password prompt to save the data?
This discussion has been closed.