My Licence isn't being recognised when I try to upgrade, and it can't find me through my email.

Options

Could you help? My name is Andrew Campbell, and I can PM you the license that's currently in my program if that helps

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options
    1. What version of 1P did you license?
    2. Where did you buy it—from the Mac App Store or direct from AgileBits?
    3. What version are you upgrading from and what version are you upgrading to?

Sorry for all the questions but answers will help us give you the answer you need.

Stephen

• Andrew James Campbell
    Options

Current version is Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
    I bought it not from the App store
    Trying to upgrade from that
    Perhaps I have to pay for the upgrade, but it was confusing as it just said License not recognised
    I don't mind paying to upgrade, but I imagine that it'll be cheaper since I have the earlier version?

Thanks for your help

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Ah that helps, thanks. The upgrade from 1P3 to 1P4 is paid. You should be able to go here and input your licence details to see the upgrade price.

Just be aware that if you upgrade via AgileBits (as opposed to via the Mac App Store) you won't be able to use iCloud sync in 1Password.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Also the new 1PW5 is Yosemite only, but is a free upgrade from 1PW4.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that @danco—you are entirely correct, of course.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andrew James Campbell

If I've understood everything correctly you're wanting to upgrade from 1Password 3 but at the moment when you try to obtain your upgrade price it's saying "License not recognised"?

If that's a correct summary and our store seems to be hindering your attempts to lavish us with money then what I'd like you to do for me please is email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com and can you supply the following for me please.

• Your name as you would have entered it at the time of your purchase
    • Your email address used for the purchase, if you aren't sure supply a list of your addresses and we can check them all for you.
    • A brief synopsis of the problem, with a link to this thread and your username

Once you've done that if you can post here, preferably with the ticket ID you will receive that would be great. We can link the two up and get somebody to help you discover what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.