License issue, getting old license instead of the new 1Password 5 license I bought

Options
wlalton
wlalton
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I have had many of the 1Password products since they first came out and love them all. When I got my new MackBook Retina Pro 15" I immediately got 1Password5 and really like it. I just had a disaster with my 2014 iMac 27" and ordered the new iMac 5K retina 27" which I got two days ago. I upgraded one of my "old" family packs for $24.99 and was sent a new Single license which, when I attempted to install was a 1 Password for Mac from 2013. The purchase date was right but the license was my old family one and nothing I could do would help. There is no one to contact and whenI requested another download, they sent me the same thing. I am very frustrated. It is an obvious mistake, on Agile's part but there seems to be nothing I can do except ask for my money back and start over. I know they don't like to be bothered, but sometimes I think they should provide some way to actually listen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@wlalton‌

The older family type license is now defunct. I suspect that the new license type is only supported by 1Password 5, and older versions would require the old family license type. But thats only a guess as I have seen no proof of that from the staff. The AgileBits folks now have the single license to where it will support up to 6 Mac's. 1Password license terms The new single license is now the same as the old Family license.

It sounds as if your family license type was converted into one of the newer single family license types. Thats why when you request a new one you get what looks like a single license. Or possibly its you are receiving the 1Password 4 license when you request a new one expecting to get one specifically for 1Password 5. The 1Password 4 license is the one you should be using for 1Password 5. It was the simplest and easiest way to offer the free upgrade to everyone rather than having to re issue a host of new license types.

You can always send an email to support+license@agilebits.com please do not send in follow ups as the staff have said it will bump you to the end of the pack.

If you do send in an email please add a followup here so the staff will know they need to look for a ticket. If you do submit an email you should get a return email with a ticket id. You can always add that here as well.

cc @littlebobbytables

• Hi @wlalton,

I'm sorry you're having issues with the license. I checked your license and it is usable in 1Password 5, as well as 1Password 3 and 4.

Note in 1Password 5's License window, it will just say 1Password for Mac, it won't include 5 in there. This is what you should see:

Is that what the issue is about, that it shows 1Password for Mac instead of 1Password 5 for Mac Family?

If not, can you give me more details on what's happening.

• wlalton
    wlalton
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Mike, I hope I'm doing this right. I paid for an update to a single license to 1Password5. When I print the license, I get one that says: License 1Password for Mac Name William L Alton Purchased November 25, 2014 It then asks me if I want to Upgrade License or Change License. If I choose one of those it takes me back to the page I used to purchase the 1Password update. When I requested they send my my key again, I entered my email (****@fro******.com) and they sent the same thing. I tried following the instructions for the step by step install and it still installed the 1Pasword for Mac with the November 25, 2014 date. My receipt showed the correct November 25, 2014 date for my purchase but the key shows 1 Password for Mac instead of a single user 1 Password5 for Mac so something obviously is wrong. Could you please advise me on what to do??? this has been Very frustrating.
    Thanks,
    William Alton

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I edited your post to protect your email address from being buried in spam.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@wlalton‌

The keys now say just 1Password for Mac. This is what my key says.

The same key used for 1Password 4 works for 1Password 5.

The upgrade key button you mention is a bug and scheduled to be fixed in the next release. The reason the button is not shown in my screen shot is that I am running a beta where it is already fixed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wlalton‌ Have the posts from all of these very capable people answered all of your questions? If they haven't please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.