Folder Sync not working [Resolved]

Options
thmjones
thmjones
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I am creating logins on a Mac notebook, then syncing the vault onto a flash drive, using 1Password 5 running on Yosemite. I then bring up 1Password 4 on another Mac notebook, but this one running Mavericks, with the flash drive inserted. The entries appear, passwords and all. But when I used the entries on 1Password 4 to access the websites that they point to, neither the User ID or the password is copied to the website and no entry is attempted.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thmjones‌

Can I just confirm, you have Folder Sync set up on both machines and data from one machine does seem to be passing to the other, the issue is the open and fill option isn't working, is that correct?

Can I ask you to confirm that you have 1Password mini running (if you do the ⌥⌘\ shortcut should open 1Password mini no matter what program is active and in focus) and that you have the browser extension for your favoured browsers installed? Easiest way to check is to open 1Password mini when your browser is the active program, if 1Password mini can't communicate to the extension it will suggest you install it.

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

• thmjones
    thmjones
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo! The browser extension was not installed on the second Mac. That fixed everything.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thmjones‌

I'm so glad to hear you're all sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.