Problems with Wi-Fi sync

Vlad0907
Vlad0907
Community Member

Hello I have some problems with Wi-Fi sync: Indeed the sync happens (from Mac to iPhone and iPad) but the new items are not appearing in the folder they are on the Mac but just in the all items list. 1Password Mac: 1Password Version 5.0.2 (502006) Mac App Store. iPhone (5s) and iPad (Air 2) are running on iOS 8.1.1

Comments

• maroby
    maroby
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Open 1PW on iPhone 6 Plus, signed in, message states there is error and to open 1PW on iMac (1Password 5 Version 5.1.BETA-7 (510007)
    Agile Beta); followed instruction and proceeded to do wifi sync (both device 'secret' password matched); sync logo on IOS will not stop rotating while dialog states 'last sync 1 second ago, 2 second ago 3 second ...........'.and so on, until IOS 1PW is dismissed! Tried restating IOS, deleting and reinstalling 1PW on IOS, wifi sync ends up with the same non stop syncing.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Vlad0907
    Vlad0907
    Community Member

+1 here- On Mac: 1Password Version 5.0.2 (502006) Mac App Store. On my new iPad Air 2 have iOS 8.1.1 and the latest iOS Version of 1Password. Sync will never stop.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Vlad0907‌ @maroby‌ I have merged two threads where you seem to be talking about the same thing.

In my experience there are two things that can sometimes kick wifi sync into action properly:

1. reboot the Mac and iDevice; and/or
    2. disable wifi sync on the iDevice and re-enable it.

Stephen

• Vlad0907
    Vlad0907
    Community Member

I did reboot my iPad and iPhone and Mac and it did not help. I disabled and re-enabled sync on Mac and iPhone and iPad and it did not fix the problem either. It does sync but it does not stop syncing even all the items are synced. On iPad it 1password also displays never synced although all items are synced. Any (other) suggestion ?

• Vlad0907
    Vlad0907
    Community Member

OK I did some more tests, but unfortunately no success. I deleted and re-installed the 1password app on my iPhone and iPad. Tried to sync via Wi-Fi with my Mac (MacBook Pro 2011, Yosemite 10.10.1) and sync indicated that it is still syncing - basically it never stated that it finished sync - although all items were synced (same behavior on the iPhone 5s and iPad AIR 2). I then deleted again 1password from my iDevices, reinstalled it and tried a wi-fi sync over an ad-hoc wi-fi network. Same result as before. Then I again re-installed 1password on my iDevices and tried a sync with my another Mac (MacBook Air 2014, Yosemite 10.10.1) but with very much the same result. Sync never indicates that is done although all items are already on the iDevices. (my iDevices, so iPhone and iPad are on iOS 8.1.1. My both macs are on Yosemite 10.10.1 and 1password is the Mac App Store version: 1Password Version 5.0.2 (502006) Mac App Store)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

When you say:

Sync never indicates that is done although all items are already on the iDevices

do you mean the "Syncing..." message remains and the wheel icon keeps turning even though the sync has actually completed (i.e., all items have been transferred)? Are you referring to those visual elements or to something else?

If that's what you mean I, too, have noticed that on occasion. Indeed, I believe it was at one stage a bug in an earlier version of 1P but I thought it had been fixed in later versions. When I've noticed it recently the steps indicated in my post #4 resolved it for me...although I appreciate they have not done so for you.

Sorry not to be able to help more at the moment—but it might be useful just to confirm that the problem you see is as I set it out here.

Stephen

• Vlad0907
    Vlad0907
    Community Member

Stephan, indeed the wheel icon keeps turning although the sync has actually completed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vlad0907,

To make sure I understand, the "wheel icon" is the one at the very top of the screen on your iPad/iPhone, right? The one next to the Wi-Fi symbol?

When this is happening, and you're looking at the Settings > Sync screen on your iPad or iPhone, you should see Sync Service and Wi-Fi. Underneath that, does it say Sync Now or does it say Syncing...? And under that, what does it show next to Last Sync?

When you're seeing the wheel icon continuously spinning, does that disappear if you press the Home button to return to the Home Screen? Does it reappear as soon as you switch back to the 1Password app?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm not able to reproduce this problem, so I just want to make sure I understand exactly what you're seeing on your end. Thanks!

• Vlad0907
    Vlad0907
    Community Member

Hi Drew_AG,
    just one observation I made: The problem just occurs when I sync 1password 5 Mac (OS X 10.10 Yosemite) with 1password for iOS8. The problem does not occur when syncing 1password 5 (OS X 10.10) with 1password for iOS7. Now your questions:
    1) In may case the "sync" icon in the setting screen of 1password for iOS keeps turning (It is below "Security" and above "Display" in the setting screen
    2) It says "Syncing...." and Last Sync is "Never Synced" although I can see that all items are synced
    3) On the iPad I can press the "Done" "button" on the upper right corner in the 1password (iOS) settings screen and then again open Settings. Usually
    this fixes the turning sync icon. However I never got the Last Sync to be other then Never synced. On teh iPhone (iOS 8) behavior is strange:
    Sometimes it is just like in teh iPad case, sometimes the sync icon permanently turns independent of what I do.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vlad0907,

Thanks for the additional info! :) This actually sounds like an issue our developers have been working on, and I believe it should be fixed in the next update for 1Password 5 for iOS. I don't have a timeframe for when that will be released, but it's in beta right now so hopefully it won't be too long. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

This discussion has been closed.