The request to sync between devices displays ALL my confidential data onscreen without warning?

Options
DistressedUser
DistressedUser
Community Member

When either my iPhone or Mac is offline, apparently 1Password does not sync changes when one of them comes back online in any sensible manner. When I update data on one device when the other is offline, then 1Password gives me two options when the offline device comes back online:

Settings Option #1. A screen will flash on top of all other screens I am using and will not go away until I either dismiss it or choose between the two versions. Both versions are displayed on this screen, with all the confidential information displayed - passwords, usernames, bank accounts, whatever. This screen might flash, for instance, when when I am making a powerpoint presentation to an audience of 500 people. Oops! Not a good option. It is inconceivable to me that 1Password would even have offered this as an acceptable option for confiendtial data. I thought 1Password was a company concerned with security, right?

Settings Option #2. Turn off the flash-screen auto-alert above, and rely on manually check to see if there are discrepancies. With a bank of hundreds of passwords, some of which are always changing, this option pretty much requires that I manually check each time one uses 1Passport. Not a really good option.

Both of these existing options is very poor, and having no other I am going to give up on 1password and migrate to Keychain. I migrated to 1Password because the previous software I was using had similar problems.

Other possilbe options I might expect instead of the above are:

1. A Setting be offered which will offer to either (1) flash a screen, or (2) check manually, or (3) to select automatically the version which is most recent, or (4) alert the user to a discrepancy only when they log on to 1Password.

2. If a screen is flashed, it ONLY alerts the user that two versions of 1Password need to be reconciled and it NEVER displays any confidential data. This way confidential data is not inadvertently and randomly displayed to people who should not have access to it.

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DistressedUser‌,

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue. What is the screen with confidential information that you see? Can you please send us screenshots with your data blacked out or by using the demo vault - 1Password (5) > New Demo Vault....

I look forward to your reply :smile:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.