Problem with upgrading

Options
Danielt2014
Danielt2014
Community Member

My old MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) was running 1Password V3 just fine. The computer died and my new MBP is running 10.10.1 (Yosemite). I purchased 1Password V 5.0.2 (502007). I can open the program fine, but have the following problems.
1. I keep getting the same popup window saying: Backup Failed: 1Password failed to create a backup: Error Domain=NSCocoaE….
2. I am unable to add the extensions to any browser: Safari, Firefox or Chrome. They seem to go to the downloads folder, but when I try to open I get: Safari can’t install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”. Other times I get: Safari can’t open the file. Safari can’t open the file “1Password.safariextz” because the file has moved since you downloaded it.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Danielt2014‌

Sounds like you're having quite the battle which you certainly shouldn't be on a brand new machine. Lets start with the backup issue.

In 1Password can you try the following: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini

If that doesn't work please try rebooting your new MacBook Pro.

Your issue with the extensions, depending on the error you've been receiving may be related as 1Password mini is required by the extension. Once we've got what I suspect is the 1Password mini problem fixed I'd recommend deleting all the copies of the extension that you've downloaded, purge the cache of each browser and then we'll see if we can successfully download and install the extension.

Let us know how you get along.

• Danielt2014
    Danielt2014
    Community Member
    Options

Not exactly sure what I did, but I tried to follow your advice and IT WORKS and I love it! Thanks, Dan

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Danielt2014‌

Glad to hear it's all running smoothly now. I'm going to close this thread but if you have any more problems just post here in the forums and either myself or another member of this wonderful team will be here to assist.

This discussion has been closed.