Unable to Purchase Pro

anonymousfishy
anonymousfishy
Community Member

I am trying to purchase but I get this (I don't know how to fix).

"Unable to Purchase
This istem is for an app that was purchased by a different Apple ID. To buy this item with this Apple ID, you must first purchase the app."

Well clearly I bought it. It's on my phone. Not sure what to do?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anonymousfishy‌

Unless Apple have messed something up it sounds like you may have downloaded 1Password for iOS with a different Apple ID. It is actually possible to change the Apple ID that your phone is currently using and end up with something like that so the message isn't as unreasonable as you'd suspect.

What I'd suggest is checking in the iOS App Store app, go into the Updates tab and then the Purchased option at the top. You can search in the All tab and see if 1Password is in that list. If it isn't then it might be worth checking under Settings > iCloud to see what Apple ID your phone is using.

Another thing you can do to verify everything is as it should be. Do you sync your iPhone with iTunes at all? If you do then if you were to go to the App view and right click on 1Password you can select the Get Info option. In there if you change to the File tab it will show you who the app was purchased by.

How we proceed from here will be based on what you have stored in your copy of 1Password at the moment and if you currently sync to any other machines. Let us know what you discover.

• anonymousfishy
    anonymousfishy
    Community Member

It's under the list of purchased "All" tab "1 password - password manager and secure wallet" and says "open"

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anonymousfishy‌

In 1Password I'd like you to do the following please. Go to Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Log Settings and enable In-App Purchase which you can find at the bottom of the list. Can you then go through the steps that lead to the error message. Having done that can you then do the following.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

It might help if you also include the email address you use as your Apple ID.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.