1Password will not sync via wifi

Riatsala
Riatsala
Community Member

I'm trying to sync 1Password ver. 5.1.2 on a new iPhone 6 with my existing 1Password 4 vault on a Mac Pro running OSX 10.10.1 (Yosemite).

The iphone and computer are connected to ther same wi-fi network, however 1Password on the iphone does not show the computer (or anything) in the Wi-Fi Sync list each time I attempt to wi-fi sync. I have trued an ad-hoc network between the two devices, but this still does not work.

Can anyone advice a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi @Riatsala,

You mentioned that you're using 1Password 4 on your Mac Pro. Any reason you haven't updated to 1Password 5? We've made lots of changes to Wi-Fi sync in version 5, so it's possible that could fix the issue.

• Riatsala
    Riatsala
    Community Member

Will Sync from the new iOS version not play with 1Password 4?

Reasons for not upgrading are cost and changed license needs. No longer need a family license, but can't figure how to cross grade to a single user license.

• Jasper
    edited November 2014

Hi @Riatsala,

Will Sync from the new iOS version not play with 1Password 4?

It should sync correctly between versions, but we do always recommend using the latest version.

Reasons for not upgrading are cost and changed license needs.

1Password 5 is a free update for 1Password 4 license owners.

• Riatsala
    Riatsala
    Community Member

OK, thank you - upgraded (from v. 3.9 not 4, as it turns out) and all synced now.

• Hi @Riatsala,

I'm glad to hear that worked. :)

Wi-Fi sync is simply not compatible between version 3 and version 4/5, so that explains why is wasn't syncing for you previously.

I will also mention that 1Password 4/5 is a paid upgrade from version 3. If you'd like to upgrade, enter your existing license key here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.