2 Mac Users Sharing 1 Vault

Options
scottdt
scottdt
Community Member

Hi

My wife and I share a single 1Password vault between Mac User accounts via DropBox. The Date of Birth field appears different by 1 day between the two user accounts and no matter which account I correct it in, it is always one day out on the other account (1 day earlier). I'm reluctant to switch from eWallet to 1Password until I know what the issue is just in case it effects other more important fields (like passwords). I've attached screen shots of both our Identity, Date of Birth fields, the first 2 are from my user account and the second 2 are from my wife's user account.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have bought 1password for Mac and iOS but have not been able to use it yet.

Thanks, Scott.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

It is a bug. It doesn't affect passwords nor anything else that I have found.

Hit post by accident, I am looking for the relevant info Ill post back once I find it.

The link is in the beta forums for iOS and I don't think you can gain access unless you are in that beta.

Can you tell us what version you are using on Mac and iOS ? If I understood it correctly it has been fixed in 1Password 5 and iOS. I cant say I understood it all as it was a very long thread. The thread title still says fix in upcoming version.

@Megan and @bwoodruff Would either of you care to comment as you were in the original thread ?

• scottdt
    scottdt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Thightower,

On my Mac I have v5.0.2 (Mac App Store) and on my iPhone I have v5.1.2. Do you know if it is just limited to the Date of Birth field or does it effect all/other dates as well?

Thanks for your help and quick response, any further info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Scott.

• Hi @scottdt,

I believe this bug can affect other dates as well. The fix for it will be released as part of 1Password for Mac 5.1 and 1Password for iOS 5.2 (release dates for those are not set yet). You'll want both sides updated to get the proper result.

Rick

• scottdt
    scottdt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rick, now I know it's a known issue with a fix planned, I'm happy to switch to iPassword.

Thanks Rick and thightower for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottdt‌ If you have any more questions please do post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.