Paid for the cheaper one then and only then was it clear that no Cloud Sync!!

Options
Richard Butterfield
Richard Butterfield
Community Member

Paid for the cheaper one then and only then was it clear that no Cloud Sync!! - surely this is not right, I made my choice based on price, I already use iOS app and I love it but surely we should get a money back deal the moment we are made aware of our bad choice, which for me it is.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

AgileBits will refund your money if you purchased a licence for 1P5 from the AgileBits store within the last 30 days, in order that you can buy from the Mac App Store.

Stephen

• Richard Butterfield
    Options

Great thanks Stephen for your prompt help - can I be a real dummy and ask how to go about getting a refund? Merry Xmas:)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You'll need help from someone from AgileBits (I'm only a volunteer on the forums) who will give you precise instructions. I'll ping @littlebobbytables‌ for you as he's often around and will be able to help.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Richard Butterfield

I see you purchased 1Password 5 using the same email address as you used to register here at the forums. A quick post confirming you wish for a refund is all I need from you and I'll process this request today.

The reason why iCloud support is only in the Apple Mac App Store version is due to restrictions by Apple. We never wanted the situation where the two versions were different but it isn't possible since Apple released Yosemite.

• Richard Butterfield
    Options

Yes please a refund would be great and allow me to use One Password fully featured - I would hate to be without it! Thank you, Richard

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi @Richard Butterfield‌ I've messaged you here on the forums.

• nfrerichs
    nfrerichs
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the same situation. How does one go about getting that refund?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nfrerichs‌

In the case of the other user they had used the same email address here in these forums as they used for the purchase so it was easy to identify them. Sadly it would seem you are using a different email address so I can't directly help you here.

Instead, if you can email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com, preferably from the email address you used during purchasing, supplying the order number and state that you'd like a refund. If you can post back here with the ticket ID I can link the two up and we can look into that for you.

Of course you will have to have purchased 1Password in the last 30 days as Stephen_C mentioned earlier in this thread but as long as you're within that window you can request a refund for any reason.

• nfrerichs
    nfrerichs
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply. The support+licenses folks took care of everything. Now that I'm ready to change versions, do you think it would be best now to leave everything where it is on iCloud, and just go ahead with the switch to the App store version? Or would it be safer to transfer to Dropbox, then switch to the App store version, then transfer back to iCloud?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nfrerichs‌

My personal recommendation would be to disable sync on your Mac and remove the 1Password sync data that may exist in both Dropbox and iCloud. When you switch to the MAS version it will pick up your vault from the Web Store one and what you don't want is Dropbox or old iCloud data interfering with this transition.

So I would suggest the following

1. With the Web Store version still active, enter 1Password's preferences and switch to the Sync tab. If there is a Change Syncing... button click on it and confirm you wish to disable the current sync method.
    2. If you have any other machines or devices you want to disable sync on them too. In 1Password for iOS this can be done in Settings > Sync > Sync Service [Sync method] > Disable Sync (See below)

1. Back on your Mac, go into System Preferences > iCloud and click the Manage... button. Delete the entries for 1Password.
    2. Search your Dropbox for any agilekeychains and remove them from Dropbox.
    3. Enter 1Password's preferences again and switch to the Backup tab. Click the Backup Now... button and then the Show Files button. Copy the latest backup file to your Desktop. That is your insurance so you can feel safe.
    4. If you haven't already, purchase and download 1Password from Apple's MAS.
    5. Drag just the 1Password 5.app to your Trash.
    6. Reboot
    7. Launch the 1Password.app in your Applications folder.
    8. It should pick up your existing vault from the Web Store version and simply ask you for your existing Master Password.
    9. Set up iCloud Sync. If you haven't already you'll be informed you need to upgrade to iCloud Drive.

That should be everything you need to do. If you have any questions regarding any of this please do ask :smile:

iOS.png 141.6K
This discussion has been closed.