Problem with touch ID and second language

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member

If my keyboard is set to English, I am prompted for touch ID and 1pw opens
If my keyboard is set to Spanish, I get no prompt and have to put my master password.
Is this normal?
I have not yet upgraded to iOS 8.1.2, otherwise I have the latests 1pw on my iPhone 5S

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :+:

Is your English Keyboard a custom keyboard? If so, please note that 1Password will disable custom keyboards and will prompt you to use the next available native keyboard, which I suspect is your Spanish keyboard. To confirm this please go to Settings app > General > Keyboard > Keyboards and you'll see the list of enabled keyboards on your iPhone.

If you wish to enable custom keyboards in 1Password 5 on your iPhone, you simply need to go in 1Password's Settings > Advanced and enable Allow Custom Keyboards.

Hope that this helps :smiley:

Cheers!

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

No it is not a custom keyboard. I have English, Spanish (querty) and emoji enabled.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Went to 1pw and opened with touch id. went to iMessage and changed to spanish. returned to 1pw and was able to open with touch id.
    Does this have something to do with the alignment of the stars?

• Ben
    Options

Interesting, @tommy. I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my own device. Are there any circumstances under which you're able to get this to happen reliably?

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

After I reported it, I obviously haven't been able to reproduce it. Like I said, it must have been the alignment of the stars :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If only the stars would do that every time we needed help solving an odd issue! ;)

@tommy, if you start running into problems with 1Password again, please let us know. Thanks!

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, you guys are the greatest. You've helped me in some complicated situations too.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words @tommy!

This discussion has been closed.