MAC 1Password 5.02 - wifi sync problem - won't accept NEW passwords from iPhone or iPad

Options
ShaneKeller
ShaneKeller
Community Member

Hello,

My 1Password 5.02 on Yosemite MacBook Air does not accept new passwords created on my iPhone or iPad running 1 Password 5.12. In fact, the Mac 1Password copies over the iPhone and iPad with an older copy of passwords.

My 1Password on Mac is one directional and will not accept new passwords from my devices.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Shane

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens if you disable wifi sync on both the Mac and on the iOS devices and then re-enable it?

Stephen

• ShaneKeller
    ShaneKeller
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing happens. It just continues to copy over the iPhone and iPad.

• ShaneKeller
    ShaneKeller
    Community Member
    Options

The Mac just pushes the entire password library to the iPhone and iPad no matter if I added/edited/deleted passwords on the mobiles devices.

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

Did you disable and then re-enable the sync?

• ShaneKeller
    ShaneKeller
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I disabled and re-enabled the sync. That did not work. I have also restarted the computer and devices - that did nothing either.

I even uninstalled 1Password completely from my Mac. I synced it once with the iPad and it populated the new Vault on the Mac with the passwords from the iPad. But after that one initial sync the Mac returned to just pushing out it's database over wifi (copying over the iPad and iPhone) - so that did nothing.

The Mac 1Password does not want to intake new or modified passwords from my iPhone or iPad.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ShaneKeller,

I'm sorry this has been a problem for you! It sounds like you're syncing 1Password with just one Mac (and two iOS devices), right? In that case, and since you're using 1Password 5 for Mac and iOS, the sync should happen automatically when 1Password is open on iOS and Mac, and they're on the same Wi-Fi network. Can you confirm if the sync is happening automatically, so you don't need to go through the Wi-Fi setup each time?

If the automatic sync is working but changes you make in the iOS app are being overwritten by the Mac, please check the Date & Time settings on your Mac and iOS devices. On the Mac, you can find those settings in System Preferences > Date & Time. On iOS, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. Please also check the Time Zone too, to make sure it's correct. Do they all match?

• ShaneKeller
    ShaneKeller
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG‌ I checked and the Date & Time/Time Zone matchup.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ShaneKeller‌,

Thanks for getting back to us :smiley:

Let's try to modify the item in question on your iPad and then re-initiate Wi-Fi sync.

1. Please temporarily rename your 1Password item from "current_title" to "current_title_test" on your iPad and make sure that before you sync again its title is still "current_title" on your Mac.
    2. Make sure that Wi-Fi sync is complete.
    3. The item's title should now be "current_title_test" on your Mac too.

After Wi-Fi sync is complete, does your item's title end up being "current_title_test" or "current_title" on both your devices?

I look forward to your reply :smiley:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.