Older passwords overwrote newer passwords.

Options
elkap
elkap
Community Member

I use 1pass across two Macbook Pros, an iPad, and an iPhone. I generally only keep the phone updated and exclusively use a manual wifi sync.

Today I needed to add one password and update another password on one of the Macbook Pros. Easy, done. When I went to sync the MBP with my phone, it reverted at least one password that was up-to-date on the phone to an older out-of-date password. Now both the MBP and phone have a password I haven't used in months. The password it replaced is nowhere to be found--not in conflicts, not in previously used passwords, just gone.

Not a huge deal and it should be easy to fix that one password, but is there any way to:

• Make sure this doesn't happen again?
  • Check to see if any other passwords were overwritten?

Comments

• elkap
    elkap
    Community Member
    Options

Oh and as far as I know I cannot use a backup since 1pass for iOS doesn't create auto-backups like OSX does.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @elkap‌

I'm very sorry for the trouble. In most cases problems like this are caused by one of two things:

• The time / timezone on the devices is different
    • The item with the older password has been modified in some way after the item with the newer password was updated, but before the sync happened

Oh and as far as I know I cannot use a backup since 1pass for iOS doesn't create auto-backups like OSX does.

Backups can be created from 1Password for iOS:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.