iPhone recently asking for Master Password and will not let me sign in with it

Options
broodizt
broodizt
Community Member

Does not allow me the option of using touch and when I try to sign in with master pass code, when I get to a certain point in the sign in process, the curser starts to go backwards and starts substituting the letters I am typing for the letters all ready typed. What's going on? Was working perfectly on my iPhone 6+ and then today 1PW acting jumpy and won't let me sign in with either Master Pass Code or touch

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using the phone in landscape mode when inputting the master password? If so, try in portrait mode.

Stephen

• broodizt
    broodizt
    Community Member
    Options

No, I only use the phone in portrait mode

• Ben
    Options

Hi @broodizt‌

I'm not sure I follow. You start typing your Master Password into your iPhone 6+, in portrait mode, and when you get to the Nth character of the password the cursor moves backwards and does not allow you to complete entry of the password?

• broodizt
    broodizt
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that was right, but now I can sign in using touch so I'm not sure this is an issue any more. I don't understand what happened but seems to be working now, thanks

• Ben
    Options

@broodizt‌

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it, but it is still important that we get your Master Password working as whenever the device restarts or Touch ID fails you'll need to enter the Master Password.

The first thing I would recommend doing, now that you are in, is making a backup of your data:

Once you have that please try restarting your iPhone and see if you're able to login to 1Password.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.