Bug report: URLs and rich icons gone

Options
zool
zool
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

Hi,

I did a quick search on this in the forum, couldn't find anything so I'm posting this here.

Yesterday I saved a bunch of logins in 1password on my iPad, all went ok. Today, all the URLs are gone, and with them the rich icons. I'm gonna have to put everything into 1password again. That's no big deal cause I don't have that many logins at the moment, but I find the very fact that a data loss happened without any apparent reason a bit concerning.

The only possible reason I can think of was me switching the sync API from iCloud to Dropbox yesterday (the iCloud sync was failing to work when I installed 1password on my Mac after having set all up on the iPad, while Dropbox worked alright). Maybe something happened in the process...that's my only hint unfortunately.

I can provide system logs and whatnot if someone helps me in the process.

Thanks

zool

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zool‌

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had switching from iCloud to Dropbox sync. Did you by chance make a backup of your data before switching sync providers?

Please let us know.

• zool
    zool
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, as I said I'll have to enter the data manually a second time, but as I said that's no big deal cause I only have a bunch of logins saved into 1Password at the moment.

Good to know you can backup your data, but I don't really need you to say you're sorry. Bugs happen, and this is a bug report. If you want my help to reproduce the issue so you can fix it, here I am. Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't help you further...

zool

• Ben
    Options

We would definitely be interested in knowing if there is something reproducible here. Simply switching from iCloud to Dropbox or vice versa does not seem to cause the problem for me.

Obviously if you'd like to attempt for yourself I'd recommend making a backup first. :)

• Debbi
    Debbi
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I experienced the same problem and then found this discussion from October. It appears we are waiting for a fix to a known problem.

Keep losing the websites in my Logins [Investigating]
    Started by user666, 29 Oct 2014
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30568/keep-losing-the-websites-in-my-logins-investigating/p1

Lost Websites on iPad After Switching to Dropbox Sync (Was Using iCloud Sync)
    Started by Debbi, 30 Nov 2014
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/164820#Comment_164820

• zool
    zool
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so that's a known issue. Better so. I'll check out those discussions, thanks for the headsup @Debbi‌.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @Debbi!

This discussion has been closed.