Browser Plugin Does Not Default to Browser Being Used

Options
SquidlyMan
SquidlyMan
Community Member

Issues:

Whenever I use 1Password browser plugin on any of my non-default browsers, they open and fill on my default browser no matter what. I didn't find anything in the forums after 10 minutes search but I could have missed something.

In the attached image, I show exactly where I mean (showing with Firefox). When clicking "Open and Fill" in the browser plugin, my default browser (Safari) is then opened and the page shown.

Expected Results:

I'd like to have the plugin work within the browser it is meant for.

Example: If I'm in Firefox, using the 1Password Firefox plugin, it should open and fill within the Firefox browser. If I'm in Chrome, it should open and fill within Chrome. If I'm in Safari, it should open and fill within Safari. And so on.

Questions:

1. What are the default options?

2. Should this work as I expect?

3. If this should work, are there settings within 1Password or within my system (buried) which I can check or set to resolve?

Here are my stats:

Mac OS X 10.10.1
Browsers:
Safari 8.0.2 (Default)
Firefox 34.0.5
Chrome 40.0.2214.45 beta (64-bit)
Opera 26.0.1656.60

Have the latest 1Password plugins on all browsers.

1Password 5
Version 5.0.2 (502007)
Agile Web Store

Thanks,

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SquidlyMan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed description & create the screenshot! That all made it extremely easy to know exactly what you were talking about, and recreate the issue on my end.

It turns out our developers are aware of this issue and working on fixing it, although I don't have a timeframe for that. In the meantime, you can simply select the Login item (from Favorites, or Logins, etc) to open it in the current browser. In other words, you don't need to enter the item details and click the "open and fill" option. Using your screenshot as an example, you would just click the extension icon, then Favorites, then click on Evernote, and it should open.

There aren't any settings for this in 1Password, but if you'd like to change the default web browser on your Mac, you can do so from Safari:

• Open Safari and go to the menu for Safari > Preferences
    • Select the General tab
    • Change the default web browser to your preferred browser

If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

ref: OPM-1413

This discussion has been closed.