Syncing between Macs on Wireless network?

Options
jwieder
jwieder
Community Member

I'm planning on buying a copy of 1Password 4 for my wife's iMac (I'm running it on my MacBookPro). I can't tell from the documentation whether I'll be able to sync my logins and passwords with her over our WiFi network once it's installed, and if so, how to go about it.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Currently 1P for Mac cannot sync 1P data between two Macs by wifi. The only way to do that (very carefully!) is by using an iOS device as a bridge—but that's going to be additionally complicated (and probably currently impossible) if you and your wife have different sets of 1P data. I think the only current solution would be to use Dropbox to sync.

Stephen

• jwieder
    jwieder
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, Dropbox is not an option. What if I physically copied the file that contains the passwords onto her machine? Is that possible? Mine is the master. I'm just looking for a way to give her duplicate info.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jwieder‌

Dropbox would certainly be the recommended solution here but if that isn't possible for whatever reason you may be able to find a solution with Folder Sync:

This discussion has been closed.