Proposal to increase the two-step verification

Options
Yuchen
Yuchen
Community Member

In this case, I can unlock my iPhone by Touch ID, then click the 1Password icon through Touch ID to unlock my 1Password.

Of course, this is very convenient, but there is one problem. If someone suddenly controls me, and through my fingers you can directly unlock iPhone and 1Password, I think it is not safe.

So I'd like to ask whether the addition of two-step verification option. After unlocking 1Password via Touch ID, adding a 4 digit verification option, if the check fails to re-enter the master password.

Comments

• Nathaniel
    Nathaniel
    Community Member
    Options

@Yuchen‌, an interesting idea although it would be somewhat inconvenient having to enter another code, I think the reason that the TouchID was added was so that for short periods of time between using the app you didn't have to any codes. I think if you were going out to any risky places it would probably be advisable to disable the option in 1Password.

Personally, I liked the custom timings that were with TouchID so I could tell it to disable TouchID and require master passwords after ten or twenty minutes, but from what I can fathom these have been removed due to technical difficulties.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. As @Nathaniel mentioned perhaps Touch ID should be disabled when you aren't in a secure environment. That way your Master Password must be entered to unlock the data.

• Yuchen
    Yuchen
    Community Member
    Options

I know that in an unsafe environment should do, and very grateful to @Nathaniel‌ and @bwoodruff‌ reply :D

• Nathaniel
    Nathaniel
    Community Member
    Options

You're very welcome @Yuchen‌, have a great holiday season!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

Why restrict the festive spirit to just Yuchen? Happy holidays to all! :cookie: (that's meant to be a cookie).

This discussion has been closed.